Tuesday, December 28, 2010

setting up Christmas

This year putting up the tree was a challenge. Every day we were going to set it up, the children would get in trouble and I would say we are not setting it up today. After a week of this I say only Brecken and I would set it up, but Brittin and Kolbryn earned it back. Logan was almost there but had a preteen melt down and was not allowed to touch the tree. he did set up christmas stuff around the house. Sorry to say I put the lights on and then said decorate the tree, then I plugged in the lights, they didn't work, so I had them take the trimmings off and then I put other lights on, then those didn't work and finally I got I strand on their and the kids didn't want to decorate the tree any more. So All we had was 7 orniments and no star on the tree this year. But we need make snowmen, snowcaves and put up lights out side. So I guess that counts as something. They tried making snowman one day and the snow was too hard, but the next time they tried it took them 5 min. to make huge snowmen. Their snowcaves were made with a team effort from the neighbors with tunnels and everything, it was so nice to have them out of the house and playing. But in the morning they shrunk and they decided to destroy them. But it is only the begin of winter so I guess we will have many chances to make better ones.

No comments: