Wednesday, August 19, 2009

First day of school

Logan is starting 5th grade, Brittin 3rd and Kolby 1st, how could that be? BUt it is true I saw it with my own eyes, tear filled, but I saw it. Should I say tears of joy. James ask what am I going to do now, with just one kid at home, I say I am not going to be home, I will be helping out at the school. I mean I will have some down time but a lot of help and driving kids from here to there is what my life will consist of. Kolby is in flag football and wants to sign up for soccer at the same time, Logan wants to sign up for soccer and Brittin is already on a comp. soccer team, so I will be busy every night, that I need the day to recoop. I really miss my kids but I am glad they are learning and having a good time. Logan stayed up till midnight the night before school started, he said he was excited, I hope that is what it was, I had to go and sleep with him to help settle him down, it was worse than Christmas. Every one love the first day, but Kolby had to stay home the first day, for first graders they only got to meet their teacher on that day and then come back the next for the first day of school. He is really excited and so is Brittin. THis year they have teachers that our family has already had before. Kolbryn has Brittin's old teacher and Brittin has Logan's old teacher. I can't wait to hear what the teachers have to say about the kind of students they are. I am still going to be teaching classes after school for sports with my sister, it should be really fun. So I say let the fun begin, not meaning spelling list, book reports, showers, finding shoes, looking in back packs, homework being finished, lunch packed, feelings getting hurt. But the learning kind of fun.

1 comment:

Sarah F said...

I never wanted to have the same teachers as my older siblings. They were well behaved and set the bar way too high.