Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Logan's first dance

Logan went to this is the place for his fourth grade field trip. They got to go to school, to dance,pull a handcart, and to the black smith. We have been to this is the place a lot and I have never done any of the things we did with the class. The school teacher taught them how to act and what would happen if they disobeyed, they were scared. They showed them how heavy and hard pulling a hand cart would be. The black smith showed how long it takes to make any thing. But the dancing was the best part in my mind. To start it was in the Pack family house, who we are related too. But the dancing for the boys was torture. They wouldn't even look at the girls when they danced. They did heal toe heal toe slide slide slide, then the other way then they had to hit hands and swing around. That meant they had to trade partners, so it was bad enough to dance with one girl but they had to keep switching. Logan came home and said they girls in our ward were the worst to dance with, they felt the weirdest. I don't know how he could feel them all they did was slap hands and lock elbows. BUt I got some evidence that he did have a good time dancing, a picture with a smile. One of the boys in the class asked his mom if he could stay home from the field trip and she asked why and he said because if he went he would have to dance with a girl. Logan can't wait for 5th grade, he goes around the house singing "Are you smarter than a 5th grader." HE is so funny, he knows it makes me sad to see him so old. He had a great time playing the pioneer games, the bus was leaving and I said we got to go. It was fun being with him, his last field trip he got Nana to go on because Mom is no fun. So I ask if he had fun with me and he said Kinda. That is his answer to everything. Do you like chocolate, kinda. Was the show good, kinda. So I guess I will take what I can get. It was fun to see him interact with other kids, these last two months he has come out of his shell alittle. He is actually saying hi back to people that say hi to him. He is growing into a handsome young man. But he is still my little boy.

No comments: