Monday, June 1, 2009

Road Rash Anyone?

We went for a Sunday family bike ride and came home like this. There are these roads all paved and waiting for houses to be built on, which isn't going to happen for a few years. SO we go riding there because the hills are so fun with no traffic. Well on the first loop we did well, then the second time time Kolbryn was going down the fast hill but still that wasn't fast enough for him so he was pedaling when going down. I was still up on the top with the bike stroller with Brecken. When I came a round the corner I saw him off his bike crying, Brittin screaming and Logan running. I knew something had happen. I didn't want to pedal to fast because my bike brakes aren't the greatest. When I arrived Kolbryn was bleeding from everywhere and wanting to jump in the stroller and go home, well brittin was trying to figure out how to ride 2 bikes at the same time and Logan was trying not to throw up from Kolbryn's face. We got home with Kolbryn and Brecken in the stroller, Kolbryn's bike on top of the stroller and a screaming parade. Kolbryn was screaming because he was hurt, Brecken was scream because he had to sit next to bloody man and Brittin Laughing because Brecken was screaming at Kolbryn. THen Kolbryn got mad because Brecken shouldn't be screaming because he was the hurt one. I got into the house and James is laying on the couch sleeping and brecken wont come in the house because he still wants to ride bikes with out the bloody man and I need to clean up Kolbryn's wounds. I take Kolbryn up to the tub and leave him there and get brecken in the house. I clean kolbryn up with water with ever touch a scream and I want to go to bed. Finally I give up and take him to bed. I read him a story and then he wants to read his own story but can't hold the book so he wants me to lay in the bed and hold the book and turn the page when he is done. I have the other kids to deal with, James still Laying on the couch. I say I can't I have to take care of the others. I finally give him some medicine and say this will make everything better if you go to sleep. THen he cries and says he doesn't want to go to school because everyone will laugh. So I promise no school or chores tomorrow. Finally he goes to sleep. What a fun Sunday bike ride!

1 comment:

Janell said...

OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!